OSBIE’s cyber insurance policy provides members coverage designed to help the school board pay for cyber incidents that involve the unauthorized or accidental release of personal, private data of individuals or when the boards own data is held hostage by a third party.
OSBIE’s policy provide coverage for:
- Security and Privacy Liability – responds to third party liability claims arising from a failure either of the board’s network security or to protect personally identifiable information from misappropriation. This also provides coverage for Regulatory Action which would include any legal costs or penalties the board becomes legally obligated to pay as a result of a claim from a government regulatory board as a result of a violations of a privacy law.
- Event Management – provides the board coverage to assist in the management and mitigation of a covered privacy or network security incident.
- Network Interruption – responds to a security failure which directly results in the interruption or suspension of the boards business.
- Cyber Extortion – responds to a financial loss because of a security or privacy incident.
- Media Content – coverage for claims arising from copyright, infringement, plagiarism, defamation, libel and slander due to electronic, digital or digitized content displayed on the board’s website including advertising, audio, video and written content.
Coverage would be subject to the limit the board has purchased and policy deductible.